Claims Information page
We work with you and our carriers throughout the entire claims process – from initial response through final resolution – to provide fast, caring service and to settle your claim.
As a Sterling personal insurance policy holder, you have the option of contacting Sterling Insurance Group at 586-323-5700 during business hours or 24 hours at 888-525-7575.
Report Claims Directly to Your Carrier Within 24 Hours
- When you need to report a claim, all of our carriers offer 24-hour toll-free reporting, 365 days a year. There you can report your claim and get immediate answers for all your concerns.
- A claims representative will contact you approximately two hours from the time you report your claim. The representative will answer your questions and schedule an inspection of your vehicle or property. Be sure to discuss any questions you have about deductibles, what is covered and the specific repairs at this time.
- For auto claims, we will inspect your vehicle’s damage at “your” convenience. No need to drive all over town to various claims centers or collision shops for “three estimates”.
For Auto Claims
- Your vehicle can be taken to the repair shop of your choice, not ours. If you require assistance in selecting a repair shop we can suggest one for you.
- If you need a rental car and your policy covers one, your claims representative can make arrangements for a rental. Keep in mind that rental reimbursement varies based on policy coverages and accident circumstances.
- If you use a carrier-suggested repair shop, you’ll get a lifetime guarantee on the repairs, which is valid for as long as you own or lease the car.
We will keep you informed about your claim by periodically checking the status of repairs and addressing any further issues, such as additional damage, supplemental payments or changes to the expected completion date.
We settle your claim quickly, fairly and accurately so you can move on with your life.
Have questions about the claims process?
Check out some informative articles and videos provided by the Insurance Information Institute. Remember: As a Sterling personal insurance policy holder, you have the option of contacting Sterling at 586-323-5700 during business hours or 24 hours at 888-525-7575.
Common questions asked when making a Homeowners Claim:
- How do I file a homeowners claim?
- How is the settlement amount determined?
- How does the payment process work?
- What can I do if I have trouble settling my claim?
- What is a public adjuster?
- How can I avoid scams after a disaster?
Common questions asked when making an Auto Claim:
- How do I file a claim?
- If I file a claim, will my premium go up?
- What are my rights when filing a claim?
We’re here for you. All Sterling policy holders have the option of contacting Sterling at 586-323-5700 during business hours or 24 hours at 888-525-7575. Browse through our carriers if you need to get in touch with the carrier on your policy today to get your claim filed.
Accident Fund: Claims Reporting – 866-206-5851
Allied: Personal – 800-282-1446, Commercial – 866-322-3214
American Modern: Claims Reporting – 800-543-2644
ASI: Claims Reporting – 866-274-5677
Auto-Owners Insurance: Claims Reporting 24 hours – 888-252-4626
Bristol West: Claims Reporting – 888-888-0080
Chartis: Claims Reporting After Hours 888-760-9195
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies: Claims Reporting – 800-252-4670
Cincinnati: Claims Reporting 9AM-5PM 888-525-7575 | 877-242-2544
Citizens Insurance Company of America: Claims Reporting – 800-628-0250
CNA: Claims Reporting – 877-262-2727
Encompass Insurance: Claims Reporting – 24 Hour Service – 800-588-7400
Farmers: Claims Reporting – 800-help-point
Firemans Fund Insurance Company: Claims Reporting – 888-FIREHAT – (888-347-3428)
Foremost: Claims Reporting – 800-527-3907
Grange Insurance Group: Claims Reporting – 800-445-3030
Hartford Insurance: Claims Reporting – 800-327-3636
Indiana: Claims Reporting – 800-279-7221
MetLife: 24-hour Claim Center – 800-854-6011
Michigan Millers Mutual Insurance Company: Claims Reporting – 800-336-3124
Philadelphia: Claims Reporting – 800-765-9749
Progressive Auto Insurance: Claims Reporting Hotline – 800-274-4499
Safeco: Claims Reporting Hotline – 888-723-3260
State Auto: Claims Reporting Hotline – 800-766-1853
Titan Insurance: Claims Reporting Hotline – 800-775-4642
Travelers Insurance: Personal – 800-252-4633 | Commercial – 800-238-6225
Westfield: Claims Reporting Hotline – 800-552-9134
Zurich: Claims Reporting – 800-987-3373