Read the latest news & insights from Sterling Insurance Group
This newsletter was sent to Sterling Insurance Group clients and friends on Thursday, August 9, 2018. Want to get this bi-weekly newsletter in your inbox? Email Joan Giffels (email@example.com) today to be added to our mail list.
WE NEED YOUR VOTES!
Sterling Insurance Group is proud to announce it’s a finalist in Safeco Insurance’s Change Agent awards for 2018. The agency is 1 of 10 finalists in the competition, and 1 of only 2 agencies in the Midwest region.
The theme of the award is Fighting Hunger. As a finalist, Sterling is now competing in a social media contest for a $2,000 donation to its non-profit of choice, Gleaners Community Food Bank. The social media competition runs from Monday, Aug. 20th at 2PM EST, to Friday, Aug. 24th at 4PM EST.
To win, Sterling Insurance Group’s photo posted in Safeco’s Facebook album must receive the most likes, reactions and comments. Please help Sterling win this for Gleaners Community Food Bank, by commenting, liking and reacting to the photo. Find the album with Sterling’s photo here.
-Go to Safeco’s Facebook album (click here).
-Find Sterling Insurance Group’s photo within the album (last photo), “Like” the photo and leave a comment on the photo.
Please note: likes, reactions and comments need to be on the photo in the album on the Safeco Facebook page, not a shared post. Shares do not count toward the total vote count. However, Sterling Insurance Group would welcome anyone sharing the photo for extra visibility.
About the photo
Sterling Insurance Group’s philanthropy committee – the Sterling Cares Committee – rounded up employees to volunteer last month at Gleaners Community Food Bank, something the agency does multiple times a year. Sterling Insurance Group employees rolled up their sleeves and ended up having the best time volunteering!
Working with Gleaners, Sterling’s representatives assisted in putting truckloads of donated vegetable puree to good use by turning it into a delicious veggie sauce. Additionally, Sterling’s Summer Food Drive brought in hundreds of pounds of goods for Gleaners to distribute to those across Southeast Michigan in need of sufficient and nutritious food and related resources.
- A Culture of Giving Back: Sterling Insurance Group is accepting school items for our Annual School Drive, taking place now through August 27th. Drop off items – anything from backpacks, to rulers, to pens to tape – here at our office in Sterling Heights! Help us give to schools & families in-need.
- From Automation Alley: Help Sterling Insurance Group win $2,000 for Gleaners Community Food Bank! Read more: click here.
- Is your company prepared? Check out Sterling’s latest blog post, covering Best Practices of Product Liability: click here. From the post: “Products can, and often do, fail. That’s just a fact of the design world. What many businesses do not consider, however, is what happens to them (and their bottom line) when that occurs.” Click the link to read on!
- In the Community: Sterling Insurance Group’s Corporate Producer and Certified Risk Architect, Andrew Turnbull, will lead the Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce’s non-profit group meeting on September 11, 2018. As a non-profit Insurance expert, he’ll cover the importance of Directors & Officers Liability Insurance, and how it pertains to non-profits. Learn more about the group: Click here. See you Sept. 11!
- Save the date! The Michigan Boating Industries Association is hosting its Annual Recreational Boating Educational Conference December 5-6. Sterling Insurance Group is sponsoring the lunch on Dec. 5th – Will we see you there? Learn more or register: click here.
- Award Announcement: Sterling Insurance Group is proud to be named the first-ever MAX Performing Agency by MarshBerry recently. “Partnership is a pretty wide-open way of talking about how a business engages with its clients. What does partnership really mean? At Sterling Insurance Group, it’s more than calling a customer to check in or delivering the services promised.” -Marshberry. Read more about this award by clicking here.
- We’re hiring! Sterling Insurance Group is actively looking to hire Business Insurance Sales, Customer Representatives and Receptionist positions. Check our Facebook page and Careers page on our website to see if you’re a good fit!
- An FYI: Participants of Sterling Insurance Group’s Just Keep Talking referral program can win big! Did you have a great experience with us recently? Refer a friend our way for your chance to win anything from a gift card to an iPad! Click here to refer a connection to us
COMPLIANCE BULLETINS FROM STERLING INSURANCE GROUP
Want to read the full Compliance Bulletin? Email Joan Giffels (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.