Read the latest news & insights from Sterling Insurance Group
This newsletter was sent to Sterling Insurance Group clients and friends on Thursday, May 24th, 2018. Want to get this bi-weekly newsletter in your inbox? Email Joan Giffels (firstname.lastname@example.org) today to be added to our mail list.
Sterling Insurance Group won the 2018 Community Partner of the Year Award at the Sterling Edge Business Awards Luncheon on May 16th, 2018. The event was sponsored by the City of Sterling Heights and the Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce (SHRCC). Said the City of Sterling Heights:
“Sterling Insurance Group, founded in 1996, sets the bar as a fun, forward thinking workplace in the area. The group is heavily involved with SHRCCI and employs more than 75 local individuals.
As a Community Partner, the company has a Sterling Cares Committee that oversees all company philanthropy. They have been involved with a number of local charities to give back, including the Macomb Humane Society, Wounded Warrior Project, Detroit Good Fellows, Forgotten Harvest, March of Dimes, Ronald McDonald House and more. Sterling Insurance Group not only offers premium insurance services to residents of the area, but as a business it’s also investing heavily in the community by giving back. This organization has shown a strong commitment to caring for the community and encouraging its employees to give back. Congratulations, Sterling Insurance Group!”
- Sterling Insurance Group was appointed to the 2018 Hanover President’s Club, for the 10th consecutive year. Read more about this prestigious award here.
- Love dogs? Join Sterling in supporting Detroit Dog Rescue. Find out how here.
- We’re hiring! Sterling Insurance Group is hiring several different roles, including positions such as Commercial Lines Sales Producer, Customer Service Representative and Account Managers. Learn more and apply today: click here.
- Run, Hide or Fight: Sterling Insurance Group hosted an Active Shooter in the Workplace seminar to educate businesses on best practices in case the unimaginable happens. Read more about the seminar here. Contact us today if you’d like to host an Active Shooter workshop at your place of work: email email@example.com.
- Company growth watch: In the last month, Sterling Insurance Group has promoted two employees to management-level positions, brought on 3 interns and hired 4 new employees. Read more about our expanding team here.
- Sterling Insurance Group President and Principal Joe Haney was a featured speaker at the Utica Community Schools Foundation for Educational Excellence 25th Annual Career Focus Luncheon. For photos, click here.
- Partnership news: Sterling Insurance Group sponsored the CPE Mega Conference on Wednesday, May 23rd. The event was hosted by the Association of Michigan CPAs (MICPA). Sterling Commercial Lines Producer, Andrew Turnbull, led a Sexual Harassment in the Workplace seminar at the event, as a Nite Owl educational course guests attended for Continued Education credit. Learn more about his presentation here. Contact Sterling today if you’d like to host a similar seminar at your place of work: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.