Thanks for coming to Violence in the Workplace – presented by Sterling Insurance Group!
Sterling Insurance hosted Workplace Violence on Friday, August 9th, 2019. Violence in the workplace can occur in many different ways and can be difficult to handle. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, it is defined as any act or threat of physical violence, harassment, intimidation, or other threatening disruptive behaviors. In fact, about two million people report that they’ve experienced workplace violence each year. However, even though that may seem like a lot, nearly 25% still goes unreported. The event was led by Phil Abdoo to lead us through a discussion on workplace violence.
View the full presentation now.
Meet the Speaker, Phil Abdoo:
- Owner of Personal Protection Specialists, LCC., a small business devoted to saving lives.
- Works and instructs at a large, local police department.
- Graduated college with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration while attending school as a Military student.
- Earned his position as a second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army.
- Thursday, August 9th, 2019
- 8:00 – 9:30 AM
- Location: Troy Chamber Headquarters
- Open to the public