Read the latest news and insights from
Sterling Insurance Group
This newsletter was sent to Sterling Insurance Group clients and friends on Thursday, September 6, 2018. Want to get this bi-weekly newsletter in your inbox? Email Joan Giffels (firstname.lastname@example.org) today to be added to our mail list.
Sterling Insurance Group is proud to open its doors in Detroit. Find us in the beautiful Renaissance Center in Tower 100! This office serves primarily as a Personal Insurance hub, so stop by and see us to get a quote on your Home & Auto Insurance.
For a limited time, we’re giving away Starbucks gift cards to all walk-ins. Be sure to stop by!
We’re proud to be in the Motor City. Stop by or call today: 313.394.0506.
Another day, another cyber-attack on a company. Facebook. Target. Equifax. And more. Whether your company is based out of Silicon Valley or Metro Detroit, with the right coverage and risk management strategy in place, many of these large-scale cyber crimes can be avoided. Nearly all businesses across every industry are at risk for an attack. Experts agree: it’s not a matter of “if” your company will face a cyber attack, it’s a matter of when.
And that’s only half of it! The event will also take a deep dive to the ins and outs of Directors & Officers (D&O) insurance. In today’s world, chances are your organization and your employees could benefit from having comprehensive D&O coverage in place.
Will we see you next week? RSVP to reserve your spot today: click here.
- Thanks to everyone who made it to our most recent event: “Don’t Get Left in the Smoke,” where we covered OSHA Compliance and Marijuana in the workplace. Together with Amerisure Insurance, the event was informative and well-attended. See photos: click here. Contact us if you’d like to have a recording of the event sent to you!
- A culture of giving back: We’re especially proud of our staff and Cares Committee, who organized and executed a beautiful breakfast for veterans on Saturday, September 29th. All in all, the group served about 25 vets at Vets Returning Home’s facility in Metro Detroit. Fun was had by all. Way to go, Sterling team! Check out our website for photos.
- Did you miss our recent blog post? Read “Discipline & Termination: Offsetting Liability” now! Click here.
- Thanks to the Michigan Society For Human Resource Management (SHRM), the Troy Chamber of Commerce, the GM RENCEN and Automation Alley for all sharing our good news regarding the Safeco Change Agent Award. We’re honored to help Gleaners Community Food Bank in a big way like this! Read more about this award: click here.
- Save the date! The Michigan Boating Industries Association is hosting its Annual Recreational Boating Educational Conference December 5-6. Sterling Insurance Group is sponsoring the lunch on Dec. 5th – Will we see you there? Learn more or register: click here.
- We’re hiring! Check out our Careers Page to see if any of our openings meet your skill set or experience. As a Cool Place to Work and Top Workplace in Metro Detroit – don’t miss your chance to join our team!
- Did you have a great experience with Sterling recently? We want to hear about it. Review us now: click here.
|Decoding Cyber and D&O|
|Hardship Exemption Rules Eased for 2018 Individual Mandate|
|IRS Issues Guidance on Tax Credit for Paid Family and Medical Leave|